How to Stake Sol tokens?
You can stake SOL tokens by moving your them into a wallet that supports staking. Phantom and Solflare are the most known wallets to stake sol tokens.
This is the step-by-step guide to show you how to stake sol with Solflare and Phantom wallets.
Staking with Solflare
Solflare is an all-in-one digital wallet solution for Solana. With Solflare you can generate and access your free, non-custodial, digital wallet and easily stake your SOL!
Creating Solana Wallet with Solflare
Just go to solflare.com page, add the solflare wallet extension to your chrome/brave browser. Click “Create a wallet” and choose password before next step.
In the following screen you will see your mnemonic keys. These 24 words -seed phrase is very important. You can store the seed phrase by writing down on a paper or keep in special devices on secure locations. Don’t store seed phrase online devices. When you need, you can restore your wallet by using these seed phrase for another or same device.
After verifying, you can find all the necessary information to take action in the portfolio tab in the solflare page. You can see your balance, receive and send SOL tokens, start staking and also if you have, you can add SLP tokens as a new asset. You will see the wallet address on top corner to fund your wallet.
Staking Account and Delegating
After funding you account, you should create a staking account. You can click either “Staking” tab on the top menu or “Start Staking” on staking section.
On the pop-up, choose the amount and validator you would like to stake. You can also search and find certain validator name in the menu. Make sure that you should leave some SOLs (0.5 sol is more than enough) in your account to pay transaction fees. Click “stake” and “confirm”
Click “stake” and then “confirm.” It’s done. Your tokens have been sent to the validator for staking. You can see your staked tokens in “Staking” tab.
Staking with Phantom Wallet
Phantom is a non-custodial crypto wallet that helps you access the world of decentralized applications on the Solana blockchain with support for Ethereum and others coming soon.
How to stake with Phantom.app
- Firstly you should go to Phantom.app web page and add the phantom extension to your browser. (Chrome, Brave, Firefox, Edge)
2. Add extension to your browser and create new wallet. Once you’ve successfully added the extension, open it. Click on the “Create Wallet”. While creating your backup file you will see 12 words -seed phrase. You can store the seed phrase by writing down on a paper or keep in special devices on secure locations. Don’t store seed phrase online devices. When you need, you can restore your wallet by using these seed phrase for another or same device.
3. After setting up your wallet make your deposit. If you don’t see your sol tokens you should check token list as it is shown pictures below.
4. To stake your sol tokens click on “Solana”account from token list first, then click on “Start earning SOL”.
5. Search for “your validator” from the list. After chosing your validator, write down how many SOL you will stake and click “Stake”.
6. It’s done. Your tokens have been sent to the validator for staking. You can see your staked tokens in “your stake” tab.
GateOmega Delegation Address: 9Gko8QZBbV5SrEvHKtQHcMrGGSfgFP3KJUozEGifu25x
DISCLAIMER: This is not financial advice. Staking, delegation, and cryptocurrencies involve a high degree of risk, and there is always the possibility of loss, including the failure of all staked digital assets. Additionally, delegators are at risk of slashing in case of security or liveness faults on some protocols. We advise you to do your due diligence before choosing a validator.